British Nationality/ British citizenship
Contact our immigration solicitors to check if you are eligible for British nationality by naturalisation. There are different ways to apply for British citizenship.
You do not automatically become British citizen if you were born in the UK, however if one of your parents are British then you are automatic British. Therefore, it depends on when you were born and your parents’ circumstances.
If you are married to or in a civil partnership with a British national then you can apply for a British nationality as a spouse or civil partner of a British citizen, you must have lived in the UK for the last 3 years.
You will also need to have either indefinite leave to remain, settled status under the EU settlement or have permanent residence.
These are some documents you should submit along with your application:
- Current passport and expire passports
- Life in the UK certificate
- Proof of living in the UK
- Two Referees/ referee declarations
- Proof of freedom from immigration time restrictions / Indefinite leave to remain
- An English qualification at B1, B2, C1 or C2 level or degree thought or researched in English
Call the UK’s most experienced Immigration Solicitors to arrange an appointment, we have branches in Manchester, London and Chester.